Generic BOM and P'n'P

I would like to see support for the import of generic BOM and XYRS/P’n’P files (such as text or csv) to facilitate design tools that do not have native AISLER support.

Many design tools can produce custom files - we just need a preferred column specification from AISLER.

Hi @Andy, which tool do you use that we do not support that makes this necessary?

Pulsonix.

And, a version a good number of years old…

I see the problem. We are normally taking the approach so support design tool natively or via good integration to get your design straight from the tool to us. Thereby we ensure that all information we receive match together. We made some bad experience in the past where this was not the case.

Nevertheless, I fully understand your situation, thanks for sharing it. I do not want to promise anything, but we will definitely improve the importing, either via extended tool support or a generic production data package.

Hello,
I’m having troubles with your automatic Part Matching from the uploaded Kicad file. it does not assign even resistors and capacitors.
The possibility to upload the BOM in a separate file (as a .xlsx or .csv), would be a good alternative.
What can I do on my end to make the matching better?

We want to save you the time exporting and importing the parts, especially if you already maintain the components in your file. Do you want to assign Smart Match or a specific MPN?

Please note that you have to use one of the field names as described in KiCad for this. We then extract and assign on upload if we find a 100% exact match. If things still not work please contact our support and attach the file for a detailed help.

1 Like