Process of canceling orders is unclear

Hi,

The process of cancelling an order (which has not yet hit fabrication) is not clear. This should be improved, ideally by providing a “Cancel” button next to the order, which could be greyed out if the order has hit fabrication, or something like that.

Best I can do now is to push the “Hold” button next to the order, but then I get this message:

Your order was set on hold since we miss information for manufacturing. We are going to contact you soon to proceed with manufacturing. If you requested the order to be put on hold, contact us here.

This message itself is rather strange, since you could (should) know if it was me who put the order on hold (using my account) or you. And if I follow your link to the generic ‘support’ page, there is no clear way forward for me to contact you about my desire to cancel an order that didn’t hit fabrication; best I can do is select the “Board Order” category, but the selectable sub-categories do not apply.

I understand it’s probably busy on your side, but please prioritize handling of customer processes (such as cancelling) outside of the primary order->fab->dispatch flow. The current experience is not very nice.

(By the way: the order I am trying to cancel is 2024-29745).

1 Like

I agree, it lacks a “Cancel” button and a plausible process to correct data of a PCB that is not yet in production.
Currently it seem to be the only way to push “Hold” button and place a new order with corrected PCB data and payment process.

The email notification with the “Review Your Order Status” leads to a “Page not found” reply.
For reference, is order 2024-34338.

When your PCB isn’t manufactured yet, you can upload a revision as usual to update the design.

@Tim-from-AISLER Can you take a look why the “Review Your Order Status” leads to a “Page not found" site?

@Thea : it’s been 20 days since I put the order on hold. It still says “on hold” with the message that I’m going to be contacted. This has not happened yet, as far as I know.

What’s the next step?

When you press the button, you will need to contact us.

Your order was set on hold since we miss information for manufacturing. We are going to contact you soon to proceed with manufacturing. If you requested the order to be put on hold, contact us here.

I see you added an order number in this thread, I will go ahead and cancel it.

Hi,

The sentence before that promises you will contact me. I was waiting for that.

The last sentence where you ask me to contact you is an unfortunate user interaction design. If getting an explanation why I press “Hold” is an essential part of your process, it would be better to put up a form as soon as I press that button.

Just having an order in limbo if I don’t send the message you ask me to is something that should be avoided by the process flow, I think.

I agree, the UX is not the best, both our employees and the customer can put the order on hold, I will discuss how we can improve the process with our software devs.

Excellent. Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks a lot @reddish for the feedback. The link in the order confirmation mail is now working again. Indeed, I see where the misunderstanding is coming from. We will see how to improve the process in the future. In the meanwhile, we adapted the displayed text to make clear we are waiting for you okay to proceed with production.