[KiCad] PCB Templates for download

Hello all,

first of all I would like to say that I am not an electrical engineer but create circuit boards as a hobby.

If you create a PCB with KiCad ā€œquick and dirtyā€ and use the default settings, you will quickly find that the default settings are not optimal or certain design rules are not followed.

I have created two templates for Aisler that apply to the 2-layer and 4-layer PCBs.

I would like to attach the templates as a .zip file, but I canā€™t upload any files. Is there an eMail I can send them to? Then you can add them to the desing rules page so someone can download them and create a PCB directly following Aislerā€™s rules.

The templates are certainly not complete or 100% correct, but can serve as a basis.

Greetings,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your thoughts, we already provide templates for KiCad on our GitHub.

It seems like you didnā€™t know about it, would you have a recommendation how we could communicate that we offer these templates?

Ohoo! I did not knew thatā€¦ Spend to much time for nothing :sweat_smile:

The i would recommend to add the link to this page:

If you smash ā€œaisler design rulesā€ to google, this is the first result. If you add the github link to the page it would be great!

1 Like

I have updated the DRC page to link to the templates.

1 Like

Ah, thats nice solved. It jumps directly into the eye

1 Like