Woodstock Music Player

https://aisler.net/p/QFLFEISU

1. Why I started with this project?
This is a project I started because I wanted to build my on Tonibox and learn something about electronics in the process. It is a super simple design that could have been done on a breadboard, however, I chose to create a PCB just for the fun of it and because it is used by a child to make it more stable.

2. What I love about electronics?
Electronics are at the core of our life now. Building devices that simplify our lifes or even help us build better services is what I love about electronics. I find it fascinating to tinker with new devices, and love how simple it has become (thanks Arduino and RaspBi) to build something truly cool. In addition, I love that with very simple tools (and fully open source) I can build something even a kid can use.

3. Which PCB Design Tool I use and why?
I used KiCad because it was the simplest to use for that project. In addition, I wanted to be able to open the design file after 10 years and not have to buy a license. Plus I could even conserve the version I have designed it with because the source code is freely available.

4. What’s my greatest fail with the project?
It took me literally three months to complete. For just wiring something together I would guess I could’ve been quicker. On the other hand I definitely learned something.

5. What’s my greatest win in the project?
It works :wink: And it only took three iterations.

6. What’s my most favorite feature AISLER?
I am pretty biased but if I had to pick it’s the amazing Board Viewer that renders the prototype as if I had it in my hands.